SAVORY SHORT RIBS
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 (28 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
These extra tender and flavor filled short ribs make the perfect main course on a chilly Winter evening.
Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer; stirring occasionally and skimming fat from surface, until meat is tender, about 2 1⁄2 hours. Remove bay leaves.
Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad.
Bonny Doon Le Cigare Volant
This wine, with its deep violet to reddish hue is the product of co-fermenting Cinsault with Syrah. From this the wine carries a spicy licorice component from the Syrah which provides the perfect foil to the Griotte cherry derived from the Cinsault. Pairs perfectly to Short Ribs.