- 1 (5 lbs.) Whole Duck
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 orange, sliced
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
A simple but showstopping center of the plate star for your Winter celebrations!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Rub salt, pepper and paprika into the skin of the duck. Place in a roasting pan with the orange slices surrounding the duck.
- Roast duck in preheated oven for 1 hour. Spoon 1⁄4 cup melted butter over duck and continue cooking for 45 more minutes. Spoon remaining 1⁄4 cup of melted butter over duck, and cook for 15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and top with pomegranate seeds.
Michele Chiarlo Langhe Nebbiolo Il Principe
This wine, with its brilliant garnet red color is both ample and delicate with expressions of the Nebbiolo grape variety. Notes of violet and red fruits are lifted with undertones of fine spices that provide the perfect pairing to Roasted Duck.