HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM
- 1, 8 – 10lb. Bone-in Ham (1⁄2 ham)
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter (1⁄2 stick)
This Honey Mustard Glazed Ham is the perfect balance of sweet and savory for any holiday gathering.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove any plastic packaging and or netting from the ham. Set the ham to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil (it will make clean up a lot easier). Place the ham, cut side down, on the baking sheet and cover it with a piece of parchment paper. Tightly cover the ham and parchment paper with aluminum foil and bake it for 45 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium – low heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts and the brown sugar has completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Set aside and let cook to lukewarm (the glaze should be the consistency of room temperature honey).
- When the ham is ready, remove it from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Discard the foil and parchment paper and, using a sharp knife, score a 1-inch-wide diamond pattern (don’t cut more than a quarter inch deep) over the entire ham.
- Brush the ham with about a quarter of the glaze (about 1⁄3 cup), return it to the oven, brush with another quarter of the glaze, and repeat every 15 minutes until all the glaze has been used and a dark golden-brown crust has formed, about 55 – 60 minutes total. Let the ham rest 20 – 39 minutes before slicing.
Bravium Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
This Pinot Noir is a delicious combination of floral aromas, ripe fruit flavors, and savory elements. With its brilliant ruby red color this wine offers a complex mélange of cherry cola, herbal tea, pennyroyal mint, rose petal, damp soil, and cinnamon spice. A perfect pairing to Honey Mustard Glazed Ham.